Dear Mayors, we are reading your questions about the archaeological expeditions and we thought the following explanations might help:
– The Archaeological museum does not give only coins, it can also give seasonal currency, depending what exhibits you have in it. It will give seasonal currency all year round!
– Switching from one area to another / between the expedition location and the city. You can go and clear your city or visit friends, do not feel like you are stuck in the temporary location. How this works:
1) You are on the expedition location no.1 you have not opened the sealed cave with the key, so did not unlock the next location – when you return on the expedition area you will still be in location no 1.
2) You are on the expedition location no.1 and have opened the sealed cave with the key, but have decided to go clear your city – when you return on the expedition area you will be in the next location that you have just opened, location no 2.
– In every location there are plenty of resources, we stressed so much the idea that you can’t go back because we don’t want you to maybe miss some resources you maybe wanted to get before moving on (like energy from chests, for example).
– There is no need to clear the land completely, the aim of the quest is to get as many tiny shards as possible by completing the quests on the left side of the screen and once you are done with that, to move to another location and get the tiny shards from there too!
– The mangoes and bananas are for completing tasks for energy in restored buildings;
– Don’t confuse the cave with the gate, the cave is situated way beyond the gates in general and opening the gates will not unlock the next location, opening the cave will do that!
– Rely on the “Show” button every time you want to see in what direction are the things you need to work on, it is a trusty tool!
– This does not mean we gave up on the classical type of expeditions, so don’t feel discouraged if you enjoyed that format more!